Tuesday, April 08, 2003

ive got quite a few things to write about, which I have not had time to. ill get to it eventually. hopefully.

Last nights dream was quite odd. I do not remember all of it, but what I do remember is this: I am arriving at the Lloyd Center mall, in an old pickup truck. I go in and am immediately lost as this mall is immense and maze-like, including sections cordoned off by plastic sheets draping and folding like a theater curtain so that you must search for the opening in the folds. Suddenly I am walking down a wide corrider, much like a barn, and emerge in the ice rink, which is an ice rink no more. It has been filled with dirt and is a gigantic riding arena. Horses are veering left and right in circles and figure eights, and a chestnut arab canters past me. I think "oooh nice arab!" I keep watching the show, which is actually just the warm up arena for the show, which will come later. Warmbloods of all breeds are doing the advanced movements of dressage - here an Oldenburg, there a Lippizaner. I see enter the arena on foot, the young woman whom had been riding the chestnut arab. I recognize her by her orange-red hair and her XXL cotton puffy white and neon orange football team fan coat. I walk up to her to compliment her on her horse, and she denied, in a rather rude way, being the rider of the horse. I shrug, guess I was wrong. In the distance I see the chestnut arab cantering. I try to find an exit to the arena, to enter the main mall area(s) to find the dance store where I could purchase some leg warmers. An overweight teenage girl offers to help me - she knows this place like the back of her hand. Suddenly we are darting in and out of plastic sheet-theatre curtains, up down elevators and down up elevators, in search of the dance store. After wandering a while, running into various people pointing us in all diferent directions, Igrew frustrated and asked her to take me back to the exit I came in. Hard enough as it is in a normal mall, the overweight teenager showed just how well she knew the place (like the back of her hand!) and had me walking back up the down elevator and down the up elevator, into the arena, from which I could walk through the corridor and exit the mall, to climb into my old red truck, which i did. Then I woke up.

So today, I called the vital statistics office to get a copy of my "official" birth certificate (and finally found out for sure that my middle name is in fact spelled with an apostrophe at the end). Guess where they are located? 2 blocks south of the Nordstrom entrance to the Lloyd Center mall. yeah. So after I picked up a copy of my birth certificate and was walking back to the max, decided to detour to the mall. why not? I walked to the opposite end of the mall when I decided to ask someone if the dance store was still there. Some lucky lady at "Casual corner" fielded my question and swiftly pointed me in the right direction - right back where I came from, on the second floor (which is where i now was after entering on the 1st). I hate malls. So I walked all the way back to the other end of the mall, and lo and behold, there is is, in glittering silver and pink: THE DANCE STORE. I went in and bought some knee high leg warmers, in black.

No comments: